Re: bugsquad and bugcontrol application

Hi Kiwinote,

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Kiwinote <kiwinote@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 5a. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/518127

 Good keeping up to date on bugs that are fixed.

> 5b. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/530187

 I don't understand why you assigned yourself to the bug report here since
Gary Lasker fixed it.

> 5c. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/497109

 Since it's a usability issue, I think this is more of a low importance bug
then medium.

> 5d. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/542892

 A cosmetic/usability issue that does not limit the functionality of an
application = Low Importance. Not medium

> 5e. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/420524

 OK here.

> 5f. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/545187

 OK here.

> I notice that only two of the above need the desired importance, so here
> are a few more bugs chosen to demonstrate deciding importances.
> - low: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/514859,
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/425850
> - medium: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/514874,
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/514846
> - high: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/514875,
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/528051

 514875 - you said high, but it's only medium
 528051 - you said high, but it's only wishlist
 514874 - you said medium, but it's only low
won't go any further

Kiwinote: You still need some work on correct importance settings in bugs.
Please refer to [1] when setting importance.  You seem to understand looking
for duplicates, and that there's certain information needed in the reports,
and the idea of upstreaming, but the 6 examples you chose didn't reflect
those very well.

Im going to say -1 because you are very close, but there are still things
you should probably improve upon.  Don't hesitate to contact me on
#ubuntu-bugs in freenode IRC if you want any help.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Importance

~Brian C.

--Wernher Von Braun
"The second law of thermodynamics: If you think things are in a mess now,
JUST WAIT!!"
The Statement Below is True
The Statement Above is False