Re: Hello There

On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 22:19 -0500, Micah Gersten wrote:

> Wow, this bug is a doozy, there's a list of issues:
> 5.  The triager created an atmosphere of hurry in the channel that this
> needed to be completed immediately.  This led to issues 1-3 not being
> properly addressed by the Bug Control members that were helping.  (We're
> at fault too in this case).
> Triage requires a cool head and calm to insure that the proper actions
> are taken.  This keeps us from wasting the time of Ubuntu developers,
> upstream developers, and reporters.

> The main difference between Bug Squad and Bug Control is being able to
> determine when a bug has enough information for Developers (to set
> Triaged) and set the Importance.  While you do have some understanding
> of the Importance, I do not believe that you understand what constitutes
> a bug with enough information yet.  Furthermore, while you are very
> eager to help which is a good thing,  I think you need to slow down and
> ask more questions.  I would suggest getting a mentor and trying to
> specialize in one or several areas where you have a good understanding
> of how the packages in question work so that you can easily test
> reproducible steps and know what's necessary for triage.
>
> Given mentoring and some time, I think you can be a great help, but at
> the moment I have to give your application a -1.
>
> Micah

Also to note is that MichealH does not try to reproduce the bugs he is
triaging, I've noticed this on two separate instances, where he rather
just looks at the bug report information and does not check if the bug
is still valid.[these were not hardware-specific bugs]

I would like to second Micah here and *for now* -1.

Micheal is very eager to triage, which is great and does seem to have
the knowledge. However he seems to be in a hurry to get the bugs to a
"triaged" status. A little more patience and some mentoring would help
him a long way.

Micheal, do re-apply after triaging more bugs patiently.

--
Cheers,
Vish