Re: Hello There

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 13:30:47 +0530
Vishnoo <vish@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 22:19 -0500, Micah Gersten wrote:
> >
> > Wow, this bug is a doozy, there's a list of issues:
> > 5.  The triager created an atmosphere of hurry in the channel that
> > this needed to be completed immediately.  This led to issues 1-3
> > not being properly addressed by the Bug Control members that were
> > helping.  (We're at fault too in this case).
> > Triage requires a cool head and calm to insure that the proper
> > actions are taken.  This keeps us from wasting the time of Ubuntu
> > developers, upstream developers, and reporters.
>

> > The main difference between Bug Squad and Bug Control is being
> > able to determine when a bug has enough information for Developers
> > (to set Triaged) and set the Importance.  While you do have some
> > understanding of the Importance, I do not believe that you
> > understand what constitutes a bug with enough information yet.
> > Furthermore, while you are very eager to help which is a good
> > thing,  I think you need to slow down and ask more questions.  I
> > would suggest getting a mentor and trying to specialize in one or
> > several areas where you have a good understanding of how the
> > packages in question work so that you can easily test reproducible
> > steps and know what's necessary for triage.
> >
> > Given mentoring and some time, I think you can be a great help,
> > but at the moment I have to give your application a -1.
> >
> > Micah
>
> Also to note is that MichealH does not try to reproduce the bugs he
> is triaging, I've noticed this on two separate instances, where he
> rather just looks at the bug report information and does not check
> if the bug is still valid.[these were not hardware-specific bugs]
>
> I would like to second Micah here and *for now* -1.
>
> Micheal is very eager to triage, which is great and does seem to have
> the knowledge. However he seems to be in a hurry to get the bugs to a
> "triaged" status. A little more patience and some mentoring would
> help him a long way.
>
> Micheal, do re-apply after triaging more bugs patiently.

I agree with both Micah and Vish. As such I am rejecting the
bugControl application for *now*.

Micheal, please keep on. You need a bit more of experience.

Cheers,

--
C de-Avillez
IRC: hggdh

This email (and any attachments) is digitally signed using GNUpg
(http://gnupg.org). The public key is available at http://pgp.mit.edu.
The key Id is 0xD3133E56.