Re: Bugcontrol membership for canonical-hw-cert application

On 04/13/2011 09:24 AM, Luke Faraone wrote:

> Agreed. However, shouldn't members of this team go through the same
> community review process as everyone else?

The team will go thru the same chance of review as usual (meat)
applicants. The community has the right to comment, as always.

And, of course, actions of individual team members tend to reflect
on the team image (I do not take any position in this, I am just
pointing out how a _team_ may get tainted because of its member's
actions). So, it is in the interest of the *team* to behave.

> Otherwise, we should give every desktop engineer upload access on hiring
> / assignment so they can perform their "main activity" more effectively.
> We don't, because it subverts a community process.

Not really. But people that are hired to work on a particular
package are _usually_ given upload access to that particular package.

Anway, there is no subversion of the community process here, as far
as I can see; this is the same process and logic that gives an
Ubuntu developer membership in the BugControl team.

Chhers,

..C..