Re: Bugcontrol membership for canonical-hw-cert application

On 04/13/2011 08:46 AM, Dave Walker wrote:
> On 13/04/11 14:36, Ara Pulido wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> On behalf of the canonical-hw-cert team [1], I would like to apply
>> for
>> Bugcontrol membership for this team.
> <SNIP>
>
> Hi Ara,
>
> What is the reasoning for not having each member apply separately?
>
> It seems to me that the delay/frustration with being able to perform
> bug control operations is probably felt by every ~canonical-* new
> starter.

Yes, indeed. But we _do_ accept team applications, as long as a few
requisites are met:

* the team *must* be a closed/moderated team;
* the team *must* require members to sign the CoC
* (at least) one current team member must be tasked with Triage
education for the team members

We -- bug-controllers -- can discuss the proposal as usual; and we
-- the team administrators -- reserve the right to have the final
say. And we can always revoke the membership if misused.

For teams that deal with bugs on a daily base it is probably more
sensible to have the team as a bug-control member than each team member.

..C..