Re: Bugcontrol membership for canonical-hw-cert application

On 04/13/2011 10:19 AM, Ara Pulido wrote:
> Well, I don't think we are in the same position.
>
> Normally, development teams have to assign bugs to teams that are part
> of their own, a task that can be done even without being part of Bug
> Control.
>
> In our case we test machines to assign to the different development
> teams. So testing-triaging is our main activity.

Agreed. However, shouldn't members of this team go through the same
community review process as everyone else?

Otherwise, we should give every desktop engineer upload access on hiring
/ assignment so they can perform their "main activity" more effectively.
We don't, because it subverts a community process.

--
Luke Faraone;; Debian & Ubuntu Developer; Sugar Labs, Systems
lfaraone on irc.[freenode,oftc].net -- http://luke.faraone.cc