Re: Bugcontrol membership for canonical-hw-cert application

On Wed, 2011-04-13 at 09:44 -0700, Brian Murray wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 08:48:30PM +0530, Vish wrote:

> ..
> > It's just a matter of sending a mail, which is not very hard..
>
> Wouldn't each team member need to include a body of work to demonstrate
> that they understand how bug triaging works?

Oh, definitely! ;-)
I just mean "mail" as in send a "BC application mail" :-)

What I was trying to say is, any new person will surely be on training
wheels for the first week or month(unless they have already been doing
Ubuntu triaging). During which time, Ara or Marc (or other active folk)
will be helping them and letting them know what priority needs to be
set.
This is akin to mentoring community members for BC.
When the "mentor"(from hard ware cert team) feels good about the new
member, they can just ask them to apply and give a +1 .

As I mentioned earlier, Hardware certification team will be not be
dealing with just one package set and will able to change priority for
packages which already have active triagers.
It is better to know they are ready.

IMO, 5 good bugs would be quite easy to complete in a short time for a
full time employee(especially for someone who is employed to do testing
and *triaging* ).

--
Cheers,
Vish