Re: Membership Application for Brendan Donegan (brendan-donegan)

On 06/23/2011 08:50 AM, Brendan Donegan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Brendan Donegan and I've been a member of the Ubuntu Bug
> Squad for just a week or so, but have been triaging bugs in Ubuntu and
> other projects since I began working for Canonical. I have been a
> regular participant in Bug Days for the past month and have contributed
> as much as possible in the time I have. I think that I'm ready to have
> the extra responsibility that being a member of Bug Control entails.
>
> _Application_
>
> * Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to
> you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
>
> Of course :) I have signed the Code of Conduct as well
> (https://launchpad.net/~brendan-donegan/+codesofconduct)
>
> * Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
> Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?
>
> I have read and understood all the documentation, which I hope my
> example bug reports confirm. I use the definitions in Bugs/Importance
> when suggesting an importance in #ubuntu-bugs
>
> * What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
> report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage for more
> information.
>
> This would be anything personal to the user such as passwords or
> personal details, account numbers etc. I should also check that no Core
> Dump is attached to the bug.
>
> * Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
> interested in helping out with?
>
> I tend to be broadly interested due to my background as a QA engineer, I
> don't feel very 'domain-specific' by nature. I try my best to help out
> with as many packages as possible, though Bug Days help to provide focus
> when needed.
>
> * Please list five or more bug reports which you have triaged and
> include an explanation of your decisions. Please note that these bugs
> should be representative of your very best work and they should
> demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how to properly
> handle bugs. For all the bugs in the list, please indicate what
> importance you would give it and explain the reasoning. Please use urls
> in your list of bugs.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/compiz/+bug/786505
>
> Confirmed the bug and requested the Importance be set to Medium as a
> 'usability issue affecting a core application'
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/evolution/+bug/500913
>
> Confirmed this bug as still occuring in Natty and located and linked the
> upstream bug report in Gnome Bugzilla
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/537831
>
> Added a comment giving some extra details about behavior in Natty and
> created and linked the upstream bug report in Gnome Bugzilla
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/754128
>
> Confirmed, asked for priority to be set to Medium and linked to the
> upstream bug report in Gnome Bugzilla.

> [...]

Hello Brendan,

This all looks good to me. The only comment I have is to be more
proactive in clarifying titles and descriptions. I fixed the title of
[1] since it was misleading after the true bug was found.

I think you would be a valuable member. +1

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/537831

Regards,
David