bug control application

Hi,
I was urged in #ubuntu-motu to apply for bug control so I don't have to
always ask others modify bugs :)

> Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to
you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?

I promise to be polite to bug reporters and I have read and signed the
Ubuntu Code of Conduct:
https://launchpad.net/~jtaylor/+codesofconduct

> Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?

yes I have read and understood them.

> What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage for more
information.

private information, passwords, telefon numbers, adresses etc.

> Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
interested in helping out with?

I am especially interested in python and mono based packages and also
have a lot of experience in triaging and fixing gcc based FTBS bugs.

> Please list five or more bug reports which you have triaged and
include an explanation of your decisions. Please note that these bugs
should be representative of your very best work and they should
demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how to properly
handle bugs. For all the bugs in the list, please indicate what
importance you would give it and explain the reasoning. Please use urls
in your list of bugs.

tracing bug back to source (starting from playonlinux), marking
duplicates, forwarded upstream:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python2.7/+bug/824734
importance high: affects many users of core application

SRU bug in one of my debian packages:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/foolscap/+bug/782414
importance medium, as it has severe impact on a non-core application
(tahoe-lafs fails to start)

two similar SRU bugs, forwarded to debian
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pyfltk/+bug/779340
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/soya/+bug/780305
importance high: renders package unusable

getting missing information from bug reporter, confirm and forward
https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+source/meld/+bug/794210
importance low: unlike affects a unlikely edge cas

checking upstream version, identify commit, prepare SRU
SRU was canceled due to similar bug discovered, but turned out to be
unrelated, will finish SRU when meld 1.5.2 lands in oneiric (FFe will be
requested for that)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/meld/+bug/774265
importance medium: affects several users, very annoying bug

Best Regards,
Julian Taylor