Removing myself from ubuntu-bugcontrol and introduction

Dear all,

I am a new member of the QA team at Canonical and I am trying to learn
about the whole quality process and bug handling processes. Today I
realized that there is a but in my netbook, it cannot connect to wifi on
its own, I need to scan from command line and then the wifi will
connect, so I wanted to either raise a bug or get one existing bug fixed
and into Ubuntu. I found the fix but it doesn't seem to have been
included anywhere yet
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wpasupplicant/+bug/638303),
so I followed instructions of assigning it to Canonical Foundations,
which in retrospective doesn't seem to be an optimal choice.

Apologies for the confusion, I thought that because I am in QA I had to
have access to this, and as it happens, there is a process in place that
makes sense for people to learn how to triage properly. I want to go
through it therefore I am removing myself from the group and will submit
an application shortly.

My background is not so much in handling bugs, but in finding them, so I
hope I can make a good contribution to Ubuntu going forward. Looking
forward to meeting you in the next UDS!

Best Regards,
Gema

Follow ups