Re: Application for Bug Control Team - Ahmed Shams(~ashams)

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 3:58 AM, Ahmed Shams <ahmedkhattabshams@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On 28 September 2011 17:01, Gursimran singh <simar.i3r@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ahmed,
>>
> Hi Gursimran
>
>> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 10:37 PM, Ahmed Shams
>>
>> Five bug reports which I have triagged and Explanation of my decisions:
>>
>>> *[1]*=======================
>>> *Bug#*: pad.lv/825548
>>> *Bug*: Touchpad cursor moves twice as fast horizontally after connecting
>>> an external monitor
>>> *Decision*: Enhanced title, Requested information and set to
>>> 'Incomplete. After investigating files reporter attached, bug 'Confirmed'
>>> then forwarded upstream.
>>>
>>> ***Importance*: 'Medium'
>>> *Importance* *Explanation*: Known bug + affects wide range of users of
>>> default installation.
>>>

>> You reported the bug upstream after properly dressing it. The importance
>> could have been low to medium depending on how much people is effected (is
>> the bug there for all touchpads.). You decided well.
>>
> Thanks.
> Exactly!, I picked 'Medium' rather than 'Low' because the bug affects a
> well-known machine(I estimate) and myself have seen it before on a dell
> inspiron, I thought the 2 machines are popular enough to consider it
> affecting wide range of users.
>

>>> *[2]*=======================
>>> *Bug*#: pad.lv/822144
>>> *Bug*: Touchpad with integrated click buttons: right button missing,
>>> both mouse buttons act as left
>>> *Decision*: Requested information and set to 'Incomplete.  After
>>> investigating files reporter attached, bug 'Confirmed' then forwarded
>>> upstream.
>>> *Decision* *Explanation*: bug lacked documentation, after reporter
>>> replied continued triagging.
>>>
>>> *Importance*: 'High'
>>> *Importance* *Explanation*: Severe impact on users of a popular machine.
>>>

>> Good work. One piece of advice, if its not in your attention that you must
>> make sure that bug is not ubuntu centric before moving it upstream.
>>
> Would you please explain some more about what is meant by 'Ubuntu Centric'?

Ubuntu centric means that bug that arises due to ubuntu specific changes
that actually are enough in case of 'xserver-xorg-input-synaptics' and are
not present in debian package of 'xserver-xorg-input-synaptics'.

--
Warm Regards,
Gursimran singh