application for ubuntu-bugcontrol

Hello

my name is Harald Jenny and I'm working on the Debian openswan package
for the last 22 months managing the last couple of releases. I'm also
doing some upstream work on openswan trying to keep the number of
distribution specific patches as low as possbile. Furthermore I'm
packaging the amavisd-milter daemon in Debian and try to stay in contact
with the upstream developer.

Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to
you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?

Yes I will be polite in every communication and dif sign the Ubuntu Code
of Conduct.

Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?

Yes I have read them and do not have any questions.

What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash report
bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage for more information.

Every information compromising the security or privacy of the bug
reporter (usernames, passwords, IP addresses etc) in configuration files
as well as stack traces, memory images or core dumps.

Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
interested in helping out with?

Currently the two packages I'm working on in Debian: openswan and
amavisd-milter, in the future also other packages which I may work on in
Debian

Please list five or more bug reports which you have triaged and include
an explanation of your decisions. Please note that these bugs should be
representative of your very best work and they should demonstrate your
understanding of the triage process and how to properly handle bugs. For
all the bugs in the list, please indicate what importance you would give
it and explain the reasoning. Please use urls in your list of bugs.

I'm currently starting to do some limited work on the openswan bugs in
Ubuntu. Debian managed bugs include:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=628449 (CVE-2011-2147
was proved to not affect even Lenny version)

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=650674 (CVE-2011-4073
was confirmed and later fixed)

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=639299 (bug report,
issue was fixed upstream)

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=595809 (problem was
confirmed as being upstream issue and patch was submitted)

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=612977 (real problem
could not be identified, logging issue found to be fixed upstream)

I hope I have answered all your question to your satisfaction

Kind regards
Harald Jenny

Follow ups