Re: application for ubuntu-bugcontrol

Excerpts from Harald Jenny's message of Mon Jan 16 12:31:11 -0800 2012:
> Hello
>
> my name is Harald Jenny and I'm working on the Debian openswan package
> for the last 22 months managing the last couple of releases. I'm also
> doing some upstream work on openswan trying to keep the number of
> distribution specific patches as low as possbile. Furthermore I'm
> packaging the amavisd-milter daemon in Debian and try to stay in contact
> with the upstream developer.

Hi Harald, I enjoyed chatting with you on #ubuntu-devel the other day
(I am SpamapS on IRC).

> Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to
> you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
>
> Yes I will be polite in every communication and dif sign the Ubuntu Code
> of Conduct.
>

> Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
> Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?
>
> Yes I have read them and do not have any questions.
>

> What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash report
> bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage for more information.
>
> Every information compromising the security or privacy of the bug
> reporter (usernames, passwords, IP addresses etc) in configuration files
> as well as stack traces, memory images or core dumps.
>

> Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
> interested in helping out with?
>
> Currently the two packages I'm working on in Debian: openswan and
> amavisd-milter, in the future also other packages which I may work on in
> Debian
>

> Please list five or more bug reports which you have triaged and include
> an explanation of your decisions. Please note that these bugs should be
> representative of your very best work and they should demonstrate your
> understanding of the triage process and how to properly handle bugs. For
> all the bugs in the list, please indicate what importance you would give
> it and explain the reasoning. Please use urls in your list of bugs.
>
> I'm currently starting to do some limited work on the openswan bugs in
> Ubuntu. Debian managed bugs include:
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=628449 (CVE-2011-2147
> was proved to not affect even Lenny version)
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=650674 (CVE-2011-4073
> was confirmed and later fixed)
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=639299 (bug report,
> issue was fixed upstream)
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=595809 (problem was
> confirmed as being upstream issue and patch was submitted)
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=612977 (real problem
> could not be identified, logging issue found to be fixed upstream)

Harald, it would be more useful for us to see the links to the Ubuntu
versions of these bug reports, as whats in question is not your general
knowledge, but whether or not you understand how the Ubuntu triage
process works.