Re: Application of Ubuntu bug control

On 04/21/2012 07:08 AM, Vibhav Pant wrote:

 1. Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude
    to you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?

I have signed the Ubuntu CoC and promise to be polite to reporters even if they are rude to us (After all they are making Ubuntu Better!)

1.

    Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage
    <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage>, Bugs/Assignment
    <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Assignment>, Bugs/Status
    <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Status> and Bugs/Importance
    <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Importance>? Do you have any
    questions about that documentation?

     Yes, I have read the documentation and have no questions about it.

1.

    What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
    report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage
    <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage> for more information.

Sensitive Data like passwords, bank A/C numbers, encryption keys or anything that is not realted to the Application in any way.

Also the Core File (Coredump.gz) and the Stacktrace file (Stacktrace.txt)

 1. Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
    interested in helping out with?

I like to fix typos, errors in the files in the debian/directory, create debian/watch files for programs which dont have any, Forward bugs upstream and bringing upstream changes to Ubuntu

1.

    Please list five or more bug reports which you have triaged and
    include an explanation of your decisions. Please note that these
    bugs should be representative of your very best work and they
    should demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and
    how to properly handle bugs. For *all* the bugs in the list,
    please indicate what importance you would give it *and* explain
    the reasoning. /Please use urls in your list of bugs./

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/oss4/+bug/858181
I created a debdiff for an SRU for oneiric which was accepted into oneiric-proposed.

https://launchpad.net/bugs/930985
Fixed applications quit which was subscribed by dholbach into precise

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mercurial/+bug/889344
Fixed bash completion with spaces which was sponsored by andrewsomething into precise

https://launchpad.net/bugs/872217

Fixed the disktats plugin, this was sponsored by dholbach into precise

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kupfer/+bug/921829

Fixed kupfer crash which was sponsered by dholbach into precise

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gthumb/+bug/928593

Packages I have synced can be found at https://launchpad.net/~vibhavp/+related-software <https://launchpad.net/%7Evibhavp/+related-software> I also am a part of the Old Bug cleanup project which aims to close old bugs which have been fixed.

Thanks!

--
https://launchpad.net/~vibhavp <https://launchpad.net/%7Evibhavp>
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/VibhavPant

Vibhav,

Submitting all these fixes is awesome and really helps to make Ubuntu better, but for the Bug Control team we need to see examples of triage work that show you understand the bug triage process. I feel that the bugs you submitted represent that you understand the process to make fixes and post patches, but not necessarily the triage process. For example, bugs you've sent upstream, bugs where you interacted with the submitted or developer to gather more information, etc. Also as per the application guidelines, we'd like to know what severity you would rate your example bugs and why.
 Do you have some different examples?

I vote +0 for now.