Re: Stop triaging bugs

* Phillip Susi (psusi@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> On 3/24/2014 11:06 AM, Daniel Letzeisen wrote:
> > I think you should respect the wishes of the developer that handles
> > that particular package. Furthermore, I think you should respect
> > the opinion of other triagers. *Cough* *Cough*
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers-331/+bug/1295763
>
> We
> >
> can't expect triagers to magically know that some packages
> shouldn't be handled in the usual way.  Ubuntu also does not have
> dedicated package maintainers like debian does, so to say you should
> respect the wishes of the developer that handles that particular
> package is a bit nonsense; all developers can handle all packages, and
> often do.
>
> If correctly triaging bugs is breaking someone's scripts or workflow,
> then their scripts or workflow is broken.

Agreed.
If they want something else then Launchpad needs to display that
want at the point of someone changing it - there is no way anyone
is going to remember all the specials.

I thought the normal way for groups to work was based on whether they'd
assigned the bug to someone; once a bug has someone assigned to it
I wouldn't triage it, whatever the state it's set to.

Dave
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert    |       Running GNU/Linux       | Happy  \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org |                               | In Hex /