Re: Kubuntu triage policy conflicts with Ubuntu triage policy

* Rohan Garg (rohan16garg@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > Note that I think this is specific to KDE related things rather than
> > the rest of the shared distro, and as such I don't think the conflict
> > is that big an issue (albeit that the user will report a bug and then
> > get it thrown back at them and told to file upstream which is messy).
> >

> I don't see how this is messy, if a user reports a bug in Launchpad
> against a KDE product, it's not a Kubuntu bug introduced by Kubuntu
> developers, but a KDE bug that affects all distributions that ship
> with KDE SC, and since the reporter can reproduce the bug, it would be
> in the best interest of KDE Developers to directly interact with the
> reporter instead of a Kubuntu developer reporting a bug.

Once you know it, it's fine - but for a normal user who just thought
he was doing good by reporting a bug it feels a bit like a slap;
especially if they don't understand the boundaries of what bits
are KDE, what bits are Ubuntu etc.

Dave
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert    |       Running GNU/Linux       | Happy  \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org |                               | In Hex /