Re: Why not triaging confirmed bugs instead of new ones?

Are you saying that bug control members should focus on confirmed bugs and leave new bugs to other bug squad members? If so, I don't agree with that. It's not like there's an overwhelming number of people aspiring to look at bugs and confirm them. If bug control members don't mind doing more mundane work, let them if they want to. Above all, volunteer contributing should be about "scratching the itch" and focusing on work that one finds interesting.

Also, Confirmed status can be confused by people who have the same vague symptoms without the root cause (wrong resolution, no sound, etc.). And certain bugs (mostly kernel bugs, I think), automatically get marked Confirmed by a bot run by Brad Figg (which I personally find annoying/unhelpful). That makes it more difficult to triage bugs that are truly being experienced by multiple users and have the same cause.