Re: request to join ubuntu-bugcontrol team

------------------
 GOOD TRIAGING :)
------------------

Bill Filler:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-power/+bug/1338604
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-keyboard/+bug/1272824
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/messaging-app/+bug/1321211
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/messaging-app/+bug/1269017
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dialer-app/+bug/1187453

Every bug looks very well managed to me. Just one thing:

--------------------------------
 FLOWING WATER NEVER GETS STALE
--------------------------------

Bill Filler in <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dialer-app/+bug/1187453/comments/2>:
> assignee: nobody → Tiago Salem Herrmann (tiagosh)

Even if you see this in some projects as frequent, assigning bugs to others or assigning bugs to oneself without starting to work on them immediately are very bad practises.

If the ideal work-flow is constant movement; having as little accumulation of work-in-progress as possible; doing the above is like changing having a public depot of items, where everyone can take the work as wished, for having one depot for each person, where only that individual has the key for taking the work.

---------------------------
 DOING ONE THING AT A TIME
---------------------------

The opposite is working in one item at a time, so every piece of work done is warranted to be poured into a fix; and as soon as it can be. Consequently we are taking profit of the 100% of work done, instead of putting our expended time in dark places where nobody can make value of it.

This is how high speed factories work, with a one piece work-flow, so they don't need stores and can do the work of two weeks in two hours; without the need of hurrying or worrying: <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg5RlapdEtE>.

This lets us to the root topic:

--------------------------
 CREATING MANAGERS OF ONE

Bill Filler:
> I am an engineering manager in Ubuntu Engineering and need to be able
> to triage and assign bugs.

As living organisms do, the best system will always be that it can govern itself:

 <http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/16/19/87/90/two_ki10.jpg>

So you can put your hole attention in improving the system, and leaving choices people can do themselves if they have the appropriate information: what's going on and how the work can be done efficiently.

Do you know how good it feels going to bed and knowing your work is still being done itself?

Thanks for your attention :)