Re: Canonical Support team BugControl Application

Chris Johnston:
I would like to apply for bug control membership for the Canonical
Support [1] team.

What is the level of expertise of this team members on triaging?

I would like triaging to be accessible to many people. On the other hand, I feel the triaging process is a bit obscure right now. You only have to visit <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Triage> to figure it out.

I don't know others, but during my first year in Ubuntu Bug Control I have made some mistakes during triaging till I caught up with the pitfalls of the way. Triaging is by now a prone to mistakes process.

This I why I am now rewriting the triaging guide by atomizing the information as much as possible, and see how it looks. Till something is done in this regard I will recommend to allow triaging to people that demonstrates a bit of knowledge about it.

I don't know if this is the case of the proposed team. My experience with Canonical workers have been very diverse, some times doing just fine and others making basic mistakes (like assigning bugs to people that no longer work on Launchpad). At least Canonical are humans too, so expect the same as humans: errors!

I think it will be great having this team in Bug Control, if it comes along with the triaging process being more transparent.

That's all!

--
Alberto
<https://www.google.com/+AlbertoSalviaNovella>