Re: Canonical Support team BugControl Application

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 10:26 AM, Alberto Salvia Novella <
es20490446e@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Chris Johnston:
>
>  I would like to apply for bug control membership for the Canonical
>> Support [1] team.
>>

> What is the level of expertise of this team members on triaging?

Triaging problems and bugs is one of the major things that we do on the
team. We just typically have a different approach on how the issues are
sorted out due to the issues coming from customers. Many times bugs that
are found by our team may also be fixed by our team. The major difference
is that the team members don't presently have the ability to find out if a
bug already exists. Having that ability should help Ubuntu in general, our
team with the work we need to do, and also our clients. If we are able to
determine that our client isn't the only one experiencing a bug, it would
give us more information for working on fixing bugs.

cJ

--
Chris Johnston <chrisjohnston@xxxxxxxxxx <chris.johnston@xxxxxxxxxx>>
Canonical Ltd.