Lack of technical evidence in LP#1353129

Rolf, thanks for the response.

Could you please address the lack of technical evidence present in
LP#1353129? With this in mind, the following questions I asked you in
the report remain unanswered:

Could you please provide a technical detail on how you are confirming
this bug when you don't have the same hardware, and you can't
reproduce this issue in the same release as the original reporter?

Also, how would mis-tasking this into Unity be helpful to getting a
fix released in linux, or have linux developers look at it?

Given how you said you aren't claiming this is a bug in Unity, but
your actions are contradicting this by assigning this solely to the
Unity package, unless you have a sound technical reason, or procedure
advised to you as a member of Ubuntu Bug Control, could you please
re-assign this back to linux (Ubuntu) given this would be the
appropriate place for a fix to land as applicable?

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 6:00 AM, Rolf Leggewie <foss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What I have personally witnessed on numerous occasions is silly requests
> to keep people busy and to have a sense of activity and progress when in
> fact most of the time nothing or very little was accomplished.

Instead of incessantly accusing me of things, could you please give a
specific example of this and let the facts speak for themselves?

>> So far, triaging the way you want
>> has largely been a distraction to the original reporter's issue. While
>> I'm not one to stand in the way of anyone triaging, what you did in
>> this example wouldn't be helpful.
>
> Suggestion: You ask the OP of that ticket who he would prefer to
> continue to handle his triage.
> BTW, you added no information to that ticket while I did.

What I requested would eliminate a false positive. Your comments to
the report have been "Me too!" comments (which has nothing to do with
the report other than similar symptom on different hardware/release,
and not cross release reproducible), mis-triaging the package because
you felt like it, a rude diatribe about me personally, and a
quasi-relevant wiki link given the situation. Asking the reporter to
go through all the many, mostly irrelevant steps there would be the
exact issue you are complaining about of me. A functionality
regression revealed most likely by an upgraded kernel is present. What
would be more helpful is both a firmware update, and a test of the
last known good kernel version. That would help solidify the root
cause of this issue the fastest.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter, and I look
forward to your response.

Christopher M. Penalver
E-Mail: christopher.m.penalver@xxxxxxxxx

Follow ups