Re: Request technical opinion on LP#1353129

On 18.12.2014 22:25, Phillip Susi wrote:
> Yep, kernel/bios issue.

Wow, interesting. How exactly did you rule out from over there that this
is not a hardware problem or something else entirely?  How can you be
sure it isn't simply the keyboard failing in some funny way?  Philip, I
think you are getting ahead of the actual information available.

With hindsight, I'd reassign this ticket to Ubuntu itself for now.  I
didn't because of a similar bug being discussed in Unity.  Only about an
hour ago did I realize that the reporter for both tickets is the same
person.

I think we all agree that ticket needs more information. There are
differences of opinion as to what is good and acceptable practice to get
that information.