Re: Please let Bug Control members be able to configure bug trackers

On 1 October 2015 at 12:31, Alberto Salvia Novella
<es20490446e@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Alan Pope:
>> Shouldn't that be up to the developers of the projects concerned?
>
> Many projects are registered by Launchpad users themselves and delegated to
> the Launchpad Registry Administrators, not the original software developers.
>

> Alan Pope:
>> What projects are you thinking which need this?
>
> The latest has been <https://launchpad.net/owncloud-client>.

That's a project _you_ created?

Why did you make it? Owncloud is developed and maintained outside of
launchpad (in github), what possible reason is there to have a
launchpad project for it. Seems to cause more confusion than it helps.

For distro specific bugs they can go in the distro series at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/owncloud-client/+bugs where
they've always gone.

For upstream bugs, use the upstream bug tracker, and link to them to
the launchpad bug (if one exists).

I guess I just don't understand why you want to do this.

Cheers,
--
Alan Pope
Community Manager