ubuntu-cyclists team mailing list archive

Why now?

What happened to create interest in this now? Why was no one interested when
I proposed this over a year ago (
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=472619)? Is this the effect of high
gas prices causing people to ride their bikes more? I'm really interesting
in hearing how long most of the people on this list have been riding, and
also what you're riding! Let's get some gear talk going! At the moment I'm
mainly riding my 52cm EAI bareknuckle which I take up to the Trexlertown
track whenever I can. This bike is my baby, sometimes I think my girlfriend
is jealous of our relationship. I've got a old steel Trek 800 road frame,
converted to a fixed hub, that I use in the crappy weather, a Trek mountain
bike for fun weekends in the woods, an old steel Peugot UO-8 (currently
being rebuilt), a late 50s J.C. Higgins 3-speed cruiser, and a Schwin Tandem
from the 80s. That's my stable right now. I'm looking to acquire my
roommates' cannondale road bike, but I think he wants more than I can
afford. :( What are you all riding?

Follow ups