ubuntu-cyclists team mailing list archive

OSS and Cycling

   Hi,

   I thought I'd introduce myself and maybe point you all to what I have found in regards to OSS and Cycling.

   First, I am a contributing programmer to the Golden Cheetah project: http://www.goldencheetah.org This is a piece of OSS software, based off QT and QWT, that allows cyclists with various power meters to view their rides and analyze their data.

   Secondly, something I am really excited about, a US company called Quarq: http://www.quarq.us is coming out with a OSS computer that will display watts, speed, etc on your handlebars. It's called the Qranium and it runs off Linux, and GTK+ and various other OSS based modules.

   So you'll be able to hack it yourself to display whatever you like. Pretty cool.

   I am based in Montreal, Canada and I've been using Linux since kernel 1.2.8 and have been racing road and track for 10+ years..

   I hope to hear what the rest of you are up to in terms of cycling and OSS..