ubuntu-cyclists team mailing list archive

Re: Why now?

Why I did not see it one year ago? I was travelling around the world at that
time, and I did not see your message.
I'm riding bicycle since ever... I was going to work on bike (even if in
Toulouse, France, you heavily risk your life!!!) and this is one of my
favourite hobby. I had various bikes, but those that I still have are: a
Peugeot mountain bike, a La Pierre city bike and my main bicycle is a Bulls
(German bike) 9.5 Pro, it is called a "cross bike" but in some country it is
called an hybrid bike (mountain bike frame and gears, but 28" wheels and
thin tires). It's an excellent bike for cyclo-touring, which I'm actually
doing right now :) I've just started a 3 month tour of Patagonia with my
girlfriend (if you are interested in our adventure, you can follow our
website, see my Launchpad profile: https://launchpad.net/~huygens-25).
As we speak of gears, we are using the excellent Ortlieb bags for touring!
Fully water-proof (handy when crossing rivers, or in torrential rain). And
I'm testing now my new brakes, some Magura hydraulic brakes (HS33)!

And for bike enthousiast I recommend heavily the following web site:
www.bikemap.net :-) they have even versions for roller skates, runners and
trekkers.

Cheers,
Jean-Christophe