ubuntu-cyclists team mailing list archive

Early adopters to 8.10?

First off, I'm new so just a brief intro for everyone. I've been using
Ubuntu on and off since 2005 starting with 5.04 and mostly just played
with it, never really tried it as a primary operating system until the
fall of 2006 since when I started college and installed 6.10 on my
desktop at my dorm. Since then I've upgraded with every new release and
I also dual boot it (work requires me to have Windows) on my laptop and
use it about 90% of the time there. I've been cycling since the summer
between my Junior and Senior year, I think that puts it around Summer
'05ish, of high school. However, since I started college I lost touch
with my riding group and really just use my bike for my short commute to
work these days. Glad to see there's finally a group of people with
interests outside of computers to talk to that also know Ubuntu for
once, so I look forward to reading what people have to say now and in
the future and hopefully contributing a little where I can as well.

So, I was just wondering. How many of you guys (and gals maybe?) are
early adopters of the 8.10 release of Ubuntu? I have it installed in a
virtual machine and it seems pretty good, but I've heard issues and if
anyone has a story to tell, maybe state your opinions or experiences
with it thus far.

Take care everyone,
Ted

Follow ups