ubuntu-cyclists team mailing list archive

Re: OSS and Cycling

On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 13:25 -0700, Justin Knotzke wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I thought I'd introduce myself and maybe point you all to what I have found in regards to OSS and Cycling.
>
>    First, I am a contributing programmer to the Golden Cheetah project: http://www.goldencheetah.org This is a piece of OSS software, based off QT and QWT, that allows cyclists with various power meters to view their rides and analyze their data.

That's a very nice looking piece of code.  I tend to concentrate more on
staying out of the emergency room, tho. ;)

I'm outside Charlotte, NC in Indian Trail.  I keep a Salsa Caballero FS
for weekend riding and a Schwinn Mesa HT that is road warrior for short
jaunts to the pool, grocery store, close friends, etc.  Looking to
outfit it to handle larger loads. Doing my bit to reduce global warming
and all that.

I dabbled in Linux in the early redhat days, but got serious about it
with Feisty, now loaded on my HP zd8000 semi-portable space heater.  I'm
a MS developer by day. Trying to learn the ropes of mono-develop. I have
a few pet projects I'd like to code.

Jim