ubuntu-defect-analysts team mailing list archive

Re: My top 5 Launchpad bugs

On 11/15/2011 06:38 AM, Pedro Villavicencio wrote:
Hello,

El 14/11/11 17:14, Kate Stewart escribió:
Ursula, Pedro, Joseph, Jose,
I'm doing a pass through the escalated and "needs to be" escalated
bugs right now, and want to make sure there are no others from the
defect analysts that should be considered. Here's what I have so far
from the defect analysts needs. (thanks Brian!). Anything other bugs
on each of your top "need a fix to this launchpad bug to make my life a
bit more sane list?" or does the list Brian provided hit your top ones
as well?

The list provided by Brian does represent my concerns too, I'm
particular interesting on the last two there: LP: #29713 and LP: #878532.

Thanks!,

pedro.

Currently escalated bugs, and those that are being considered to be
escalated can be found here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Launchpad/Stakeholder/UbuntuEngineering

Thanks,
Kate

I'm still getting up to speed with the good and bad of Launchpad, so I don't have any top bugs as of yet.

However, one thing I noticed is Launchpad does not provide the option to search for tags using wild cards. There are ways around this using the Launchpad API. However, it would be nice to be able to use wild cards.

When a kernel bug is fixed upstream, we mark it with a tag like: 'kernel-fixed-upstream-KERNEL-VERSION'. For example, if kernel version 3.2-rc1 fixed a bug, the tag would be: 'kernel-fixed-upstream-v3.2-rc1'. However, another bug might be fixed by 3.2-rc2, so the tag would be 'kernel-fixed-upstream-v3.2-rc2'. It would be great if we could search bugs with tags 'kernel-fixed-upstream-v3.2*' or 'kernel-fixed-upstream-v3.1*'

Do you all consider the lack of wild cards a bug?  If so, I will open one.

Thanks,

Joe