ubuntu-defect-analysts team mailing list archive

Re: My top 5 Launchpad bugs

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 02:33:58PM -0500, Joseph Salisbury wrote:
> On 11/15/2011 06:38 AM, Pedro Villavicencio wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >El 14/11/11 17:14, Kate Stewart escribió:
> >>Ursula, Pedro, Joseph, Jose,
> >>I'm doing a pass through the escalated and "needs to be" escalated
> >>bugs right now, and want to make sure there are no others from the
> >>defect analysts that should be considered. Here's what I have so far
> >>from the defect analysts needs. (thanks Brian!). Anything other bugs
> >>on each of your top "need a fix to this launchpad bug to make my life a
> >>bit more sane list?" or does the list Brian provided hit your top ones
> >>as well?
> >
> >The list provided by Brian does represent my concerns too, I'm
> >particular interesting on the last two there: LP: #29713 and LP: #878532.
> >
> >Thanks!,
> >
> >pedro.
> >>
> >>Currently escalated bugs, and those that are being considered to be
> >>escalated can be found here:
> >>https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Launchpad/Stakeholder/UbuntuEngineering
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>Kate
> >>

> I'm still getting up to speed with the good and bad of Launchpad, so
> I don't have any top bugs as of yet.
>
> However, one thing I noticed is Launchpad does not provide the
> option to search for tags using wild cards.  There are ways around
> this using the Launchpad API.  However, it would be nice to be able
> to use wild cards.
>
> When a kernel bug is fixed upstream, we mark it with a tag like:
> 'kernel-fixed-upstream-KERNEL-VERSION'.  For example, if kernel
> version 3.2-rc1 fixed a bug, the tag would be:
> 'kernel-fixed-upstream-v3.2-rc1'.  However, another bug might be
> fixed by 3.2-rc2, so the tag would be
> 'kernel-fixed-upstream-v3.2-rc2'.  It would be great if we could
> search bugs with tags 'kernel-fixed-upstream-v3.2*' or
> 'kernel-fixed-upstream-v3.1*'
>
> Do you all consider the lack of wild cards a bug?  If so, I will open one.

This is https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/366206.

I consider it a bug but for it seems fairly easy to work around by using
two tags! For example, kernel-fixed-upstream and
kernel-fixed-upstream-v3.2-rc1.

--
Brian Murray
Ubuntu Bug Master