ubuntu-developer-manual team mailing list archive

Re: Developer Manual Sample App

On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 12:23 +0100, Stuart Langridge wrote:

> Well, kinda, but that seems like a bit of a wasted opportunity; making
> people go through the process of creating an app that won't actually be
> used at the end of it. If the tutorial app is actually something at
> least mildly useful then we're more likely to get bugfixes for it, which
> will improve the quality of the manual, no?
>
> (I also don't like the idea of propagating two separate incompatible
> formats for notes stored in desktopcouch :( )
Well, I like the idea of having something other than tomboy available
for folks to use ;)

> The identica app suggested sounds like a good example, perhaps?
I've been thinking about this. The problem here is getting started. With
Jotty, you just throw some UI up and collect some data to persist. With
Identi.ca, you'd have to first connect to a feed, using urllib2, I
suppose. Unless there is a python wrapper for it already?