ubuntu-developer-manual team mailing list archive

Re: Developer Manual Sample App

On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 06:34 -0700, Rick Spencer wrote:

> > The identica app suggested sounds like a good example, perhaps?
> I've been thinking about this. The problem here is getting started. With
> Jotty, you just throw some UI up and collect some data to persist. With
> Identi.ca, you'd have to first connect to a feed, using urllib2, I
> suppose. Unless there is a python wrapper for it already?

I guess we could just write some urllib2 code and then use beautiful
soup, and use that to make a UI. We could start with a really simple UI
that dumps a feed into DictionaryGrid.

I'll give it a start, and see how it goes.

Cheers, Rick