ubuntu-developer-manual team mailing list archive

Developers' Manual Chapter Layout

All ...

I am so happy to see the manual coming together, and the content getting
filled in!

First, I know that we had originally planned to build a single app
successively through the chapters, but in practice, this is turning out
to be less useful and instructive than original thought. I suggest we
abondon this approach so we can focus each chapter on what is useful.
Thoughts?

Second, after looking over the document, I think we can make it flow
pretty well by breaking it in 2 major parts. Below is my suggested
layout. Please let me know what you think ....

Thanks all.

Cheers, Rick

Prologue
Part 1: Overview and Intro
Chapter 1: Introduction to the tools (currently called "Introduction to
Ubuntu Application Development")
Chapter 2: A fly though of building an app (currently $quickly tutorial)
Chapter 3: Python Language Crash Course (may be more suitable as an
appendix?)

Part 2: Building an App
Chapter 4: Getting Started (Currently Creating an application with
Quickly, but with some meat added)
Chapter 5: Glade
etc...
Chapter 9: Index of Common APIs

Part 3: Collaborating and Sharing
Chapter 10: Using bzr for versioning and collaborating
Chapter 11: Using Launchpad to Manage Your Project
Chapter 12: Distributing your work

Follow ups