ubuntu-developer-manual team mailing list archive

Re: design issue with para first line indents

On 01/13/2011 01:13 PM, Chris Woollard wrote:

You can add \noindent to override the intents

Thanks Chris, I wasn't aware of this!

However, I'd advise that we not put in format overrides. (Except (perhaps) in the final production stage if absolutely needed).

Why? Because overrides are exceptions to normal treatment and normal treatment should be correct. If normal treatment is not correct, it should be modified.

Once there are overrides, we lose the ability to change the design uniformly, in "one fell swoop".

Cheers,
Kyle