ubuntu-developer-manual team mailing list archive

Re: Program code in my chapter

On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 15:04 -0800, Rick Spencer wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 13:03 +0000, Stuart Langridge wrote:
> > I therefore propose that the program is available somewhere on
> > Launchpad, and that my chapter says: to get the code for this whole
> > program (if you want to work with it, rather than just read examples),
> > do "bzr branch lp:ubuntu-developer-manual/desktopcouch-dvd-example". I
> > know that at that point in the manual we won't have explained bzr, but I
> > don't think we need to have done: we can just say "run the above command
> > to get the code; you do not have to worry about why or how it works. If
> > you really do want to know that, then read the bzr chapter now, but it's
> > not necessary to do so."
> I think this is an awesome idea. Now, should each example program have
> it's own LP project, or should there be one honkin' big lp project that
> has all the samples in them?

My personal thought is that they should be branches under the Manual
project. Nothing that we're exhibiting for demonstration in the manual
is a big enough deal to have its own project, and LP has different
branches which will deal with this sort of thing quite well.

sil