[Question #42726]: Installing ubuntu-eee to recovery partition

Eagerly waiting for Ubuntu-eee 8.04.1 and planning on installing
it on an eeepc 900 as soon as it comes out.

My question is that before installing, I would like to copy the install
files to the 1 GB eeepc recovery partition and then install from there.

That way if there is ever a need to hit F9 and reinstall from the
recovery partition, that it will be ubuntu-eee-8.04.1 that gets
reinstalled and not Xandros.

Is this possible or workable?  Thanks.