Re: [Question #43213]: Elantech touchpad drivers not loaded?

Patrick K posted a new comment:
Um, I actually haven't solved anything.  Synclient is reporting all the
right things, but no apps (not even the shell) is taking advantage of
it.  I used:

synclient -m 50

and then just looked at what the app reported.  Under column "f", there
were proper responses for one finger.  I've gotten it to show three
fingers, so this app seems to recognize multi-finger usage.  I've
checked the flags using:

synclient -l

What's odd is that VertTwoFingerScroll is reported as 0 to start.
Checking the Touchpad Preference (System-->Preference-->Touchpad), it
shows the vertical scrolling and horizontal scrolling enabled (same as
two finger?).  I try enabling it using the following commands:

synclient VertTwoFingerScroll=1

It will now show up as enabled, but two finger scrolling still does
nothing in all applications.  I'll work on this a bit more and let you
know if there's a decent hack for it.