Re: [Question #27266]: how to see fan speed/rpm ?

Byakko proposed the following answer:
I had a look around in /proc/acpi/ but couldn't find anything that would
help. So I looked at the source in the eee.ko code and found the fan's
RPM is called by this:

static unsigned int eee_fan_get_rpm(void) {
    return (eee_ec_read(EC_SC05) << 8) | eee_ec_read(EC_SC06);
}

where EC_SC05/6 is the memory address:
EC_SC05 = 0xF466          // High byte of fan speed (RPM)
EC_SC06 = 0xF467          // Low byte of fan speed (RPM)

So if someone can provide a command to read from an address in memory
you should have your answer. Hopefully I helped a little ^^