Re: [Question #44713]: Ubuntu eee 8.04.1 - Linksys wrt54g (Problem)

lanzen proposed the following answer:
Well I don't know if this may help, but I've just managed to connect to
my router. It's not a lynksys, but a sitecom wl-188. Anyway, I have
upgraded the firmware, reconfigured for my provider and, for wpa I have
chosen eap (wpa2) while leaving my 63 mixed chars password. I have also
not applied a mac-address filtering. I will try that later.

All works well so far, but the signal strength seems weaker than with
xandros.

Again, I'm not sure if this is what makes the real difference, but it's
the first time since I've started testing different ubuntus that I get
connected and on the internet.