Re: [Question #44829]: WEP and wifi status/LED on 701 running Ubuntu EEE 8.04.01

Menny proposed the following answer:
I did it!!!!
The problem was in  /etc/acpi/eeepc-wireless-toggle.sh file.
Here the correct version. The problem was in case condition, it set, wrongly, to 1 (on) the wlan control file when the wifi is 0 (off).
The same thing when wlan is 1 (on), it write the opposite state 0 (off).
Mmmm maybe I'm little confused about that...anyway, it works.
I'e thought that the purpose off this file was to put 0 into /proc/acpi/asus/wlan file when the wifi card is turned off,
viceversa it put a 1 in the same file when the wifi is turned on (with Fn+f2)

Hope this can be helpfull

bye

Menny

--------here the file------------------