[Question #45832]: Wifi and Battery Icons Disappeared from Taskbar

Hi there, I'm running an eee 901 with 8.01.4
After starting the comp up this morning, I was surprised to see that neither the wireless nor the battery icon were displaying on the top right of the taskbar where they usually are. The wireless is still working (musta automatically connected),  but I have no way of accessing it's menu now (that I know of). So when I go to try and connect somewhere else I may be screwed.
When I plugged in the AC, instead of the batter icon appearing, a pop up appeared to say I was running on AC (much like the popup you get when you change the volume using the hotkeys. Quite bizarre.
If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks
Jason.