[Question #46257]: 901 crashes when enabling wlan (8.04.1)

Hi there,

I've just done a fresh install of ubuntu eee 8.04.1. I've done adjustments, yet have some serious trouble with wlan.

If I enable from the BIOS, i can't login - it freezes somewhere during startup (can't move the mouse). If I disable it I can login, use the OS etc. except that it will crash when enabling the wlan using Fn+F2.

>From what I can see from my syslog is that upon enabling the wlan (after login) is that a driver is being loaded, hal finds a new device, 'now managing wireless device ra0' and then - "deactivating ra0".

As I've changed my /var/log to tmpfs I have a screenshot here: http://home.react.nl/~michiel/misc/eee-wlan.jpg

Can anyone help out what I have to do to fix this?