Re: [Question #44517]: Everything is very slow !

Domenico proposed the following answer:
I realized that the eeepc becomes really slow when in battery mode. It
probably depends on some hdparm configuration in /etc/acpi/power.sh. So
i suggest to do the following, from a terminal (accessories->terminal):

sudo gedit /etc/acpi/events/ac

and put a "#" character (without quotes) before this line:

action=/etc/acpi/power.sh

so that it look like: #action ....

then do the same for /etc/acpi/events/battery

After doing so I noticed a sensible improvement in battery mode. I don't
know if the duration of the battery will be reduced with this change.