Re: [Question #39019]: can't connect to any wireless networks

marfal posted a new comment:
Thanks all for the support, I am indeed on the ubuntu eee
from www.ubuntu-eee.com. The 8.04.1 version.

I've tried running it again fom the thumbdrive I used to install it, to be sure that I hadn't screwed anything up. Still no wireless, I did the fn+f2 key thing suggested by psypher and after numberous attempts got the pop up to say "wireless lan on" and  could see networks.
I tried again when I got home but couldn't repeat it. It seems that if you disable wireless in xandros then reboot back to ubuntu-eee the wireless blue light remains off. From this I was able to do repeated fn+f2 thing and got the blue light on (eventually).
I've also tried the eeexubuntu on a bootable thumb drive and the wireless works fine on that, in fact thats what I'm on now. Can't install though as the install screen drops below the bottom of the eee screen and you can't see the continue key or return past that screen! Bummer!

Still hoping there's an answer as I really like the ubuntu-eee flavour
on my eee, it's a great job guys.