Re: [Question #39019]: can't connect to any wireless networks

psypher posted a new comment:
Yeah I would agree that I prefer EEE Ubuntu over the xubuntu version.
You can get around the small screen issue though if you really have to.
This should help:

http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=6202

For the EEE Ubuntu, did you try removing the battery before booting it?
And then pressing fn+f2 repeatedly?

Mine seems to be pretty stable at the moment. Haven't touched the fn
button since I got it up. The other option is to try get it working with
ndiswrapper. I didn't go that route as I knew that I had it working with
the madwifi drivers and if it doesn't the bug must be fixed.

EEE Ubuntu is very worth it though, all the usual hacks and tweaks are
all already done so it's just the wifi that needs to be fixed. I don't
have hibernate but with 200MB free on the drive I'm not betting on
getting it working anyway but thats ok, the boot speed is much faster
than any custom config I could get working so I'm happy to live with it.

I hope you come right.