Re: [Question #46865]: QWERTZU-Keypad, how?

egon.geerardyn@xxxxxxxxx proposed the following answer:
The qwertz-keyboard layout is a German lay-out, you can select that in
your settings for your keyboard. Normally you should have given the
option to choose a keyboard lay-out while installing Ubuntu.

Also, I think that in the keyboard settings dialog, Gnome offers to test
the lay-out, so you can easily make sure the lay-out you have selected
is the right one. I' m actually sure this feature is offered in the
installer.