[Question #48953]: Ubuntu EEE compared to Xandros on 901

I have just bought the EEE 901 Linux edition and I am very pleased with it except from the performance which could be better. I have to mention that I am very particular when it comes to performance since I work with computers all day.

I have tried too google the following questions, but I am not satisfied with what I have found.

How is the Ubuntu EEE usage performance compared to Xandros? I will be using the 901 for primary web-browsing and documents.
Can I expect Ubuntu EEE to be right out  of the box on the 901? (This is my previous experience with Ubuntu in general on other computers (old ones in fact)). Since technical stuff is my job, I don't want to do so much of this at home too..

I'd be greatful for any feedbacks on this questions. :-)