Re: [Question #49610]: 31/10/2008, new eeepc-config, what do it?

pru1977 proposed the following answer:
I'm not an expert in linux, so I just share my experience with you. I
just installed the 8.04.1 version on my 901 yesterday evening. Directly
after installation from my USB stick the system was not fully
functional: WebCam, WIFI, top row keys and some FN functions were not
working properly. Without the risk of losing something I decided to go
for all these updates which were prompted. I got the information to do a
partial install too. So I did. After the first update I got notified
that there are some more updates to install (I guess this was the rest,
that was not possible in round one). After having installed everything
and after replacing the default network manager with wicd, everything
was working fine (WIFI is working with WPA but not with WEP encryption)
... my Asus eeePC901 is now fully functional with Ubuntu eee :)

Maybe as additionjal information, this is the Kernel that is  installed
on my machine after all these updates:  2.6.24-21-eeepc

br
Peter