Re: [Question #49610]: 31/10/2008, new eeepc-config, what do it?

omino78 proposed the following answer:
I did the upgrade on my eeepc 900. The main change is the removal of the
package eee-osd, which is used to manage FN keys and show the original
asus on screen notifications.

The eee-osd package conflicts with the new version of the eeepc-config
package, which is supposed to provide the same functionalities. More
info on this topic can be found here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-
eee/+bug/273094

Anyway, after the upgrade FN keys works properly. The only (minor) issue
I'm experiencing is the crash of the gnome volume applet after suspend
to ram. At the moment, a simple workaround is to answer OK to the
automatic request of reloading it. I hope it will be fixed in future.