[Question #50879]: Connecting to a midi keyboard

Hello, I have an Edirol pc-50 midi keyboard, which connects over an usb port. It works with Windows, but I would dearly like to use it with the eee 901.

On connecting the usb plug, the default Xandros OS created a symbolic link in the /proc/asound/ directory called pc50, but as all the other files in the directory, the usbid, usbbus, oss_mixer,midi0, and id files in this new directory were empty.

The Ubuntu set up is, to my mind, far better than the default installation on the eee pc, especially for those coming from MS Windows, so I am in the process of installing the eee version on a Asus 901.

I have read in http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Edirol_PC-50 that the Edirol works fine under Linux - mine didn't under Xandros, bur here's hoping that Ubuntu can solve this problem!

I would be grateful if anyone could shed light onto how I can play the music from the keyboard on the eee pc using Ubuntu.

Kind regards